Whether at brunch or dinner, this arugula flatbread with lemon and fresh figs is a stunner. Bright, fresh flavors from spicy arugula, our favorite fridge staple Kale Pesto and citrus combine with sweet pine nuts and figs for perfect balance. No one will ever guess that it’s incredibly simple. Go ahead, tell them you made the bread yourself.
- 1/2 packet Dream Greens Spicy Spring Mix
- 1/2 cup Baby Kale Pesto (see recipe link above)
- 1 loaf of flat-ish bread such as focaccia, ciabatta, or naan (approx. 12" x 8")
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 3 small fresh figs
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds romoved
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Slice your loaf of bread in half, horizontally. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
3. Evenly spread kale pesto on flatbread and place into oven for 10 minutes.
4. Remove flatbread from oven. Evenly spread greens on flatbread.
5. Top with figs, lemon and pine nuts. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and place back into oven for 5 minutes
6. Remove flatbread from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes.
7. Top with more fresh greens, fresh black pepper and grated parmesan.
8. Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!