The “traditional” taco salad we usually find in American restaurants isn’t really traditional at all. Fresh flavors like radishes, tomatoes and avocados go with rice and black beans for a lighter version of the fried tortilla bowl we’ve all seen (and probably eaten). And if you’re serious about fresh flavours, top yours with our Watercress Salsa for a kick that’s from greens and not just peppers.
- 1 packet Dream Greens Spicy Mix
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 2/3 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a separate bowl, toss black beans with paprika and chili powder and salt to taste.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, except avocado slices.
3. Plate salad, place avocados on top.
3. Dress to taste with Cress salsa (see recipe in text above).