Butternut squash soup is one of our favorite healthy comfort foods. High in antioxidant beta carotene from the butternut squash and extra Vitamin C from Dream Greens Baby Pac Choi, this vegan recipe is the perfect way to warm up on a cool day. Don’t forget to top with a large handful of Micro Spicy Mix for an extra pop of SPICE and phytonutrients!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 medium-sized peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 container Dream Greens Baby Pac Choi
- 1 container Dream Greens Micro Spicy Mix
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- White wine vinegar, to taste
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
2. Add cut up butternut squash and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low/medium heat for 15 minutes until squash is softened.
3. Turn off heat, fold in Dream Greens Pac Choi container and mix evenly.
4. Wait until cools down for 10-15 minutes, then carefully pour all contents of the pot into a blender. Add salt and other seasoning, to taste.
5. Blend until smooth. Serve in bowls topped generously with Dream Greens Micro Spicy Mix, roasted pepitas and a drizzle of white wine vinegar. Enjoy!