Chickpea Penne with Roasted Cauliflower & Kale
This recipe was created by our partners at ShopRite for their Meals Made Well program. You can try this recipe at home, or sample it next week, September 8, 2019 – September 13, 2019 at participating ShopRite store (see full list below).
This cheesy #glutenfree pasta recipe is the perfect way to sneak Dream Greens Baby Kale, cauliflower & chickpeas into your lunchbox or family dinner for an added boost of plants!
Prep: 20 minutes • Roast: 20 minutes • Serves: 4
– 1 package (8 ounces) penne made from chickpeas
– 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
– 2 cups packed baby kale
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
– 1/3 cup golden raisins
– 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– Crushed red pepper for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°. Cook pasta as label directs; drain, return to saucepot and cover.
In large bowl, toss cauliflower, kale, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; spread on rimmed baking pan. Roast vegetables 20 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
In large skillet, toast hazelnuts over medium heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring occasionally; transfer to plate to cool.
Add cauliflower mixture, raisins, cheese and 1/8 teaspoon salt to saucepot with pasta; toss to combine. Makes about 8 cups.
Serve pasta sprinkled with hazelnuts and crushed red pepper, if desired.
Per serving (2 cups): 385 Calories, 18g Fat (2g Saturated), 4mg Cholesterol, 540mg Sodium, 47g Carbohydrates, 11g Fiber, 14g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 19g Protein
Dietitian Tip: Swap in different vegetables like broccoli or Brussels sprouts, depending on your family’s favorites, to make this meal your own!
Sample this dreamy recipe from these participating ShopRite stores:
– Hackensack, September 8, 10am – 1pm
– West Milford, September 8, 11am – 1pm
– Columbia Park, September 8, 11am – 1pm
– Hillsdale, September 9, 11am – 1pm
– Northvale, September 9, 2pm – 4pm
– Tallman, September 10, 3pm – 5pm
– Ramsey, September 11, 2pm – 4pm
– New Milford, September 9, 2pm – 4pm
– West Nyack, September 12, 1pm – 3pm
– Wallington, September 13, 4pm – 6pm