Chef Marcy’s Embellished Green Relish
Our flavorful, tender Dream Greens are a perfect ingredient for pestos, sauces and more! Our talented friend Marcy Ragan, chef and owner of Relish Your Chef Services, created a fresh take on the classic relish and it’s a must try! Packed with watercress, lemon, mint, and garlic, this simple sauce can add BIG flavor to any dish.
Recipe yields a little over two cups of relish
- 2 packages Dream Greens baby watercress
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves (can also substitute with more mint)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- zest and juice from one lemon
- 1 tbsp salt packed capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp sea salt
- a few grinds of fresh pepper
- ½ cup toasted and cooled unsalted pepitas or pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or a high powered blender, place: watercress, mint, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and zest, capers, salt, fresh pepper, and seeds. Pulse to break things up and get things going.
- After a few pulses, add olive oil to watercress mixture. Turn on the processor again and continue to blend until everything is one homogenous sauce and everything is blended together. It can be a little chunky. You may have to scrape down the bowl a bit and then blend again.
- Relish will keep in the refrigerator, in an airtight container for about 7-12 days. A ball jar with a seal and tight-fitting lid is great for this. If you want to halve the recipe, go for it. I just like having a lot of this around 🙂